January 4, 2021
Happy New Year, Hollis Hawks! We are looking forward to having all of our students back in the building tomorrow, January 5. Here are a few important reminders to make our return to the building a success:
- Schedule. We will be following the 12:30 dismissal schedule from January 5 – January 15. It is our hope to return to the 2:00 dismissal schedule on Tuesday, January 19. Please keep in mind that during the 12:30 dismissal schedule, lunch is not served in the building. Instead, students have the option to order a hot lunch in the morning and take it home with them at dismissal.
- Latchkey. During the 12:30 dismissal schedule, Latchkey is available from 12:30 – 4:30. When we return to the 2:00 dismissal schedule, Latchkey will be available from 2:00 – 6:00. Morning hours remain the same, 6:30 – 8:00 AM.
- Chromebooks. Students will be bringing home their Chromebooks each night. It will be their responsibility to ensure that Chromebooks are charged each night and returned to school each morning for classroom use.
- Assignments & report cards. Students should return all completed assignments tomorrow. Report cards will be sent home on Friday, January 18, 2021.
- Symptom checks. Daily symptom checks will continue at 8:00 am and before riding the bus. Students will have their temperature checked before entering the building, and they should wear their lanyards verifying that they are symptom-free. Students arriving by car will notice that the temperature check and drop off point has changed. It is now located closer to the building to eliminate the concern of students walking through the snow.
- IDPH guidelines. Hollis will follow the guidelines from our local health department. Masks will still be worn and symptoms checked daily by all staff, teachers, and students. All staff and students who are positive or who are in close contact with a person who is positive with COVID-19 will need a letter from the health department to return to school.
- Sanitation and Cleaning: Hollis custodial staff will continue to sanitize all touch points throughout the school day and at night when students and staff go home. The district has invested in the services of Getz Industrial Cleaning once a week for a deep COVID-19 killing disinfectant and sanitizer spraying the entire indoors of the building.
- Substitute teachers. Hollis is still in need of certified substitute teachers. If you are interested in becoming a substitute teacher, please contact Superintendent Chad Jones or Assistant Principal Alisha Schoedel. Substitute teachers need the following:
- Completed application for employment OR current resume
- Copy of Illinois Professional Educator License or Illinois Substitute Teaching License
- Current criminal background check with fingerprinting (performed ONLY through the Peoria County Regional Office of Education #48 or Bartonville Police Department)
- Current physical examination and TB test (both must be completed within the last 90 days)
- In-Person/Remote Learning: In-person learning begins tomorrow, January 5 and remote learning will be used as a last resort for a quality education. We will continue to offer quality in-person learning as long as we have the staff to do so. Remote learning is still an option for families or students who have a need or desire to learn remotely. We are assuming all students will be in person unless you have contacted us otherwise.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns. We look forward to seeing all of our Hawks tomorrow!