February 26, 2021
As we move into the last quarter of the school year, Hollis will continue to offer remote instruction. Remote learning will continue to be an option for students at Hollis when one or more of the following criteria are met:
- Quarantined due to COVID-19 exposure
- Quarantined due to a positive COVID-19 test result
- Monitoring symptoms of illness while awaiting the results of a COVID test or a healthcare provider’s alternate diagnosis
- Due to personal/family circumstances, the remote learning option was selected ahead of time and has been communicated to the teacher and office
- Any other illness or circumstance related to COVID-19
Remote learning is not an option for the following scenarios:
- Doctor’s appointments
- Illness not related to COVID-19 (strep throat, cold, sinus infection, allergies, etc.)
Remote learning has always been the district’s last resort of educating children and is not the ideal learning environment for many of our students. We believe that in person learning is the best option for all, and we will continue to strive to offer it.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.