January 25, 2022
Dear Parents and Guardians,
In light of the recent uptick in positive cases at Hollis, we wanted to remind you of the quarantine and isolation protocols. The newest guidance states the following:
- Quarantine and isolation periods begin with day 0 (the day a person is in the last contact with a positive case, symptoms onset, or the day a person tests positive for COVID) and continues through day 5. If one tests positive on Monday, Monday would be day zero, Tuesday would be day 1, and Saturday would be day 5, with the individual able to move out of quarantine/isolation on Sunday. The individual should continue to wear a well-fitting mask through day 10. If the student or staff member cannot wear a mask, then the individual needs to complete 10 days of quarantine.
- Students/Staff may return to school after 5 full days of isolation if they are fever-free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms have improved.
- If you are unvaccinated and share a home with a positive case, your 5 days start from the last contact with the positive (depending on isolation).
Those who are fully vaccinated and are not demonstrating symptoms do not need to quarantine. If your child is fully vaccinated and you would like, please feel free to send a copy of their vaccination cards to school. As a reminder, to be considered fully vaccinated:
- An individual who is age 18 and older and has received all recommended vaccine doses, including boosters and additional primary shots for some immunocompromised people.
- An individual who is age 5–17 years and completed the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines.
- An individual who has had a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last 90 days (tested positive using a viral test).
- Home test kits are not recognized as clearance for returning to school.
Currently, our preschool is under different regulations and those regulations have not changed. We are hopeful that we will receive new guidance, but we are currently under the earlier regulations for our preschool (14 days).
Thank you for your continued patience and support. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.